HIGHLIGHTS OF THE MEETING HELD ON 16TH JULY, 2008 BETWEEN MANAGEMENT AND LABOUR AT NIPOST CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS, ABUJA.
INTRODUCTION: Management in her usual progressive manner invited the Union to a meeting on the 16th July, 2008 and the highlights are x-rayed below for the benefit of our members nationwide.
- PROMOTION: All members who were omitted wrongly in the promotion but meet the bench mark earlier disclosed will be addressed.
All promotion will soon be connected least by August, 2008.
Officers on Grade Level “14” and above have been enumerated and listed by a three (3) man committee who worked on the spot and have submitted their compilation to Management for urgent attention.
- COMMITTEES: A five (5) man Committee was set up to review, modify and up date NIPOST conditions of service.
The Committee working on the duty tour allowances have submitted an interim report but they were charged to tidy up and submit their final and comprehensive report.
- MONETIZATION AND 15% SALARY INCREASE (THREE (3) MONTHS ARREARS).
We identify with other sectors Union on this issue but we have not gotten any directive from our Parent Body (SSACTAC & TUC) as per the intended strike action let alone discussing with the Management on the modalities. The Branch communicated our resolved with the Management that as soon as the warrant on these payments are received, NIPOST staff must be paid, on this note therefore we appeal to our members on Grade Level “07” and above to go about their normal official duties until otherwise directed from the Branch.
- RETIREES: All Retirees of NIPOST (2005 inclusive), Three Thousand, Three Hundred and Eighty (3,380) in number; based on the information from Bureau for Public Service Reform (BPSR) and Management disclosure to Labour assuring us that all error in calculation had been corrected and they will continuously mount pressure on BPSR and other relevant bodies to facilitate the payment of Retirees benefits. The Retirees were aware that by the grace of God, they will be settled next month.
- NETHERLAND CONSULTANTS: Management pledged to create an interactive session/forum between Labour and the Netherland Consultants working on the reform of NIPOST. The time, date and venue will be disclosed as soon as these Consultants are in the country.
- OVERTIME: It was resolved that all Territories should pay overtime allowance to workers who did the overtime and Management should be informed and on time.
- CONCLUSION: We thank all the Chapters and members for their support on the struggle for the benefits of our members.
Please pay more attention to what you do for the betterment of NIPOST.
Yours in the struggle