The CWC meeting which was held to review crucial issues affecting the Nigerian Postal Service and the welfare of the entire employees resolved that the following concerns have to be addressed to further engender the growth and harmonious industrial relations in NIPOST
1. The Central Working Committee commended the Management on the conduct of the promotion exercise for officers on grade level 01 – 13. However, it should take cognizance of the fact that some officers are due for promotion in 2007, 2008 and 2009.
2. The CWC in session also urged the Management to take a proper look at complaints/petitions arising from previous promotion exercises and address them in the current exercise.
3. The CWC while noting that the promotion enhances productivity urged the Management to adhere to the agreement of releasing the promotion interview results in the month of September, 2010. We concluded that NIPOST workers are overdue for promotion, hence they should not suffer any further delay in the release of the promotion result.
4. The CWC is concerned about the wellbeing of all senior officers, hence, we call for the conduct of the promotion exercise for officers on grade level ‘14’ and above. They deserve equal treatment.
The CWC is therefore urging the Management to conclude arrangements on this, latest by October, 2010.
5. That the Delegates’ Conference of the NIPOST branch will come up between Wednesday 6thand Friday 8th October, 2010 at Lokoja, Kogi State capital.
The CWC at the end of the meeting restated its commitment to work with the Management in moving NIPOST forward. However, the union wants the Management to ignore any advice or undercurrents that will not make the promotion exercise an acceptable exercise.